How to Participate
- You need to be 18 years or older to participate
- Read and consent to participation
- Answer the questions in the optional survey
- Submit your entry:
- What should be the Hashtag/# of your PrEP promotion campaign?
- Give 1-2 sentences for a “call to action” to your friends that can motivate them to learn more about PrEP.
YES YOU CAN SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE IDEA!
Please take the time to read through the informed consent on this page.
My Voice, My Choice is a research study so we want you to know about your rights as a participant in the study and contest. After you finish reading, click the button at the end of the page to get to the next screen, where we will ask you to take a 5-minute demographic survey. The survey is optional.
What you should know about this study
- You are being asked to join a research study.
- This consent form explains the research study and your part in the study.
- Please read it carefully and take as much time as you need.
- You are a volunteer. You may choose not to take part at all, and if you join, you may quit at any time. There will be no penalty if you decide to quit the study.
- During the study, we will tell you if we learn any new information that might affect whether you wish to continue to be in the study.
Purpose of research project
Thanks for your interest in this study. You are invited to take part in a research project conducted by researchers at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. We are launching a crowdsourcing contest via myvoicemychoicecontest.com to encourage community members to share their creative ideas on how to promote awareness and uptake of PrEP, a medication that can effectively prevent HIV infection if taken daily.
Why we are asking you to participate
Anyone who is 18 years or older is eligible to participate in the contest. We are asking you to join in and be a part of the solution by participating in the contest! As a participant, you would submit your ideas and vote on others’ submissions to find the best solutions to addressing problems and concerns related to PrEP.
If you join the study, you will be asked to do the following:
- You will be asked to complete an optional survey. Your participation will require approximately 5 minutes and is completed online at your computer. Completing this survey is completely voluntary. You do not have to complete the survey in order to participate in the contest. The survey contains questions about your background, such as your age, race/ethnicity, sex at birth, and sexual identity. The survey will not collect any personally identifiable information. If there are questions you do not want to answer, you do not have to answer them. Please take the survey only once.
You are able to take the survey in the location of your choosing. To fully protect your privacy, we recommend you take the survey in a private setting (e.g., where you are alone or with people you feel comfortable sharing the information in the survey with).
- You will be asked to submit your ideas online on how to promote awareness and uptake of PrEP, a medication that can effectively prevent HIV infection if taken daily. You will be asked to provide your name and email address. The open contest submission will open for 3 months. You can enter the contest multiple times.
Participation in this study is completely voluntary. You can refuse or stop participating in the study at any time, for any reason. We will make every effort to protect your identity. All of your information will be kept confidential. Also we will keep all data in a password protected computer, or in a locked office and file cabinet. Please be aware, however, that as with anything involving the internet it is not possible to completely guarantee the confidentiality of your information while it is in the process of being sent electronically.
If you agree to join the study, other participants may know you are taking part in the contest. We will ask all participants to keep the names of others confidential, but we can’t guarantee this. It is up to you to decide what information you want to share or not share in this contest. Feel free to use any user name. Make it fun!
Findings from this study may be shared through journal articles, online and print, and presentations. Your name or any other individual information by which you could be identified will not be shared. If you have questions or want a copy or summary of this study’s results, you can contact the researcher at the email address below.
Our main focus is to provide new knowledge. There is no benefit directly to you for completing the survey. The information that you provide will be used to help us understand who participated in this contest, and findings can potentially help us to improve future contests to better engage the community.
You won’t benefit personally or be paid from participating in the contest but you will have a hand in helping your local community and society! You don’t have to pay anything to participate!
Please feel free to print a copy of this consent page to keep for your records.
Do you have any questions?
Contact Principal Investigator Dr. Cui Yang, at 410-502-5368 or firstname.lastname@example.org about your questions or problems with this work.
Call or contact the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health IRB Office if you have questions about your rights as a study participant. Contact the IRB if you feel you have not been treated fairly or if you have other concerns. The IRB contact information is:
Address: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
615 N. Wolfe Street, Suite E1100, Baltimore, MD 21205
Telephone: 410-955-3193 Toll Free: 1-888-262-3242
You may end your consent at any time. Information obtained and used before you end your consent will continue to be used for research. If you wish to end your consent, you can navigate away from or close the survey webpage.